Monday, March 7, 2011

My Favourite Novellas



 I don’t always have the time to engorge myself in a novel. Now and then, I enjoy its little sibling, the less committal novella.

This is my 'My Favourite Novellas List' (some could be ‘novellettes’ but let’s not be too pedantic here) – all great reads. I’m interested to hear your thoughts or even find out what your list may be.

161 by Will Self
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The New Veterans by Karen Russell                                                                   
Halfhead Bay by Nam Le                                               
Path of the Dragon by George R.R Martin
Hunger by Joyce Carol Oates
Magic for Beginners by Kelly Link
The Finder by Ursula Le Guin
Memoirs of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Breakfast at Tiffanys by Truman Capote
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway
Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell by Brian Sanderson
The Red Pony by John Steinbeck
Tehran Calling by Nam Le
The Nonce Prize by Will Self
The Persistence of Vision by John Varley
The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Bounty by George Saunders

2 comments:

  1. The Snow Goose by Paul Gallico
    Emoke by Josef Skvorecky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either, so that's two I'll add to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete